Lorisian has over 30 years’ experience in laboratory diagnostic testing.
We are committed to improving the health of food intolerance sufferers through providing actionable, personalised information and support.
We are Europe’s leading provider of food and drink intolerance tests.
Our products comply with strict EC directives and meet the highest industry guidelines:
- Certification ISO9001:2008
- Certification ISO13485:2003
- European Medical Device directive 93/42/EEC
- European In Vitro Diagnostic Directive 98/79/EC
At our laboratory we specialise in rigorous analytical testing. We test for food-specific IgG antibodies in blood samples. The presence of food-specific IgG antibodies indicates that a reaction has occurred to that particular food and the results from the test are used to formulate an elimination diet.
Blood samples are handled and tested only by our own trained, qualified laboratory scientists at Lorisian Laboratories.
What happens to a blood sample when it arrives in our laboratory?
- The sample is processed with the utmost care and attention and all sample information is stored on a secure IT system
- Each sample is given its own unique tracking number to allow us to track it through the testing process
- The blood sample is removed from the wand and prepared for testing
- We use ELISA technology (enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay) to detect food-specific IgG antibodies in your blood. The ELISA method is used extensively in hospital laboratories. This technique has been shown to be highly reproducible in measuring antibodies of clinical importance. The test is unique to Lorisian and our parent company has been providing diagnostic testing since 1982
- We check the sample at 7 key stages through the laboratory process before sending out the final result
- Once your sample has been tested it is disposed of in a secure manner and the information is stored within our secure data storage system
- Each sample tested has a customised results pack assembled which can be delivered back to you and / or your client.
Qualified medical professionals
Dr Gill Hart PhD.,
Cert Mgmt (open),
Dr Peter Horlock PhD.,
Dr Nick Varey,
Hon D Litt.